Steph Beever DHP Acc. Hyp.
Hi, I’m Steph Beever and a qualified holistic therapist working online and in Barnsley, South Yorkshire. As a stressed and over-worked worker, I suffered for years with constant low-level stress and anxiety and turned to complementary therapies to recover my body and clear my mind. I began to build a ‘tool-kit’ of effective therapies to integrate into my lifestyle until, in 2013, I had the epiphany to say goodbye to the high-stress environment of mainstream teaching and retrain as a therapist.
I began my journey as a complimentary therapist helping others with popular healing techniques such as massage, aromatherapy, reflexology and reiki. However as time went on I found I couldn't shake the desire to get to the root of my clients issues rather than remedial healing work once the damage had been done...
To that end, I discovered that an even better way to serve my clients was to make use my analytical and creative skills as a teacher to develop mental wellbeing support structured around CBT, NLP, Coaching and Hypnosis.
After studying for a Level 5 Qualification in Counselling and Life Coaching alongside a Diploma in Hypnotherapy, this has since become my greatest passion and where most of my time is concentrated alongside keeping my love of teaching alive with short courses and classes around meditation, mindfulness and therapy training.
I truly believe that the skills to manage your wellbeing are teachable and that this learning is essential in our modern times. To achieve this aim I developed Ambient in 2014 to empower as many people as possible to learn the tools to manage negative states, encourage positive healing and get the most from life despite the occasional pressure.
On a 1-to-1 basis, I do this using a unique combination of coaching and hypnosis in which I use CBT, NLP and coaching techniques to retrain the conscious mind while at the same time working deep within the subconscious to foster lasting change.
To complement this work I offer quarterly group Mindfulness and meditation sessions plus a range of professional holistic training programmes to teach those with an interest in self healing alongside new therapists.
One day a week, I also continue to offer energy and body healing therapies to soothe and rebalance the body such as a full suite of massage techniques (deep tissue, swedish, aromatherapy, reflexology, indian head, bamboo and hot stones), reiki healing and meditation.
As your coach and therapist I am committed to:
- Be genuinely interested in your inner world, how your brain works and you're unique viewpoint as an individual.
- Be on time, prepared for your arrival with a glass of water and a friendly face.
- Be kind and compassionate - while still unafraid to ask the tough questions where needed.
- Be passionate and genuine in the pursuit of working positively with your wonderful mind
- Care about the quality of your service
- Treat you holistically, drawing from a breadth of knowledge of therapies and approaches
- Reassure and soothe wherever possible whilst being open and honest.
- Support you to the best of my ability while working collaboratively towards goals.
- Valuing my rights as a professional and your rights as an individual by creating an appropriate therapeutic environment.
“Steph’s outlook and calming nature really helped me to understand that I have no reason to feel guilty about wanting my own happiness. That’s not to say that I don’t consider other people’s feelings, but I have come to appreciate that the way that other people feel really isn’t my responsibility. I feel like I have found myself”
Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Hypnotic World.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy - 4 specialist focus modules :NLP, CBT within hypnosis, Solution Focused Therapy and Ericksonian Techniques , London Hypnotherapy Academy, Wimbledon (in progress)
- Joint Level 5 Diploma in Counselling and Life Coaching, Stonebridge Colleges
- Meditation Teacher Training, Gateway Workshops
- PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) in Post 16 Learning, English and the Expressive Arts
- Level 3 Complementary Therapist (Body massage, aromatherapy, reflexology), VTCT
- Level 3 Indian Head Massage, VTCT, White Rose College
- Level 2 Reiki therapist, Holistic Wellbeing
- Bamboo Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Deep Tissue Massage - Gateway Workshops
- Diploma in Nutrition (level 3 - in progess)
Why work with Steph
If you would like some support on your journey to feeling positive, overcoming a specific issue or challenge or simply press the reset button on your body and energy I’d love to help.
My sessions are relaxed, confidential and built around you. You’ll have a confidential ear to listen to your situation and also the reassurance that you are talking to somebody who has been through the ups and downs of anxiety, low self esteem and the challenges of mental wellbeing. It's a non judgemental environment where you are in the driving seat, supported by gentle guidance towards becoming your best self.
Come and meet me for a FREE, no obligation consultation where we can see if we’re the right fit and discuss which therapies could help you move forwards...